Advanced Mobile Communication Technologies
Information Technology is one of the fastest progressing areas. It plays a key role in computer, communications and automation applications and is an enabling technology for the innovation of products and services. It is widely acknowledged that engineering education is the main pillar for successful career in many disciplines. The faculty of information engineering and technology has been careful to develop a forward-looking curriculum for postgraduate diplomas, taking into account the expertise and technologies required in the job markets of the future.
The postgraduate Diploma of Information Engineering & Technology is committed to academic excellence, and provides a solid foundation in the communications, networks, and electronics Sciences in preparation for careers in electrical engineering.
The program is offered for the purpose of conferring advanced qualifications in IET by developing scientific knowledge and research capabilities in mobile communications, navigation systems, and networks. Graduates from the program will receive a high quality education of imperative breadth and depth to qualify them for leading positions in IET and allowing them to pursue a Master degree in their field of study. This could be achieved by:
- Provide world class standards of electrical engineering education with emphasis on information technology.
- Inspire its students to become high caliber engineers with high desire for learning and commitment to innovative research.
- Performing applied advanced research in the field of mobile communications and networks.
- Enabling the students to continue their postgraduate studies, Master of IET.
- Enhancing of the students’ soft skills and equipping them with needed technical skills to compete for jobs in the field nationally and internationally.
The Program equips the students with all needed skills to pursue future careers and assume leadership positions in the following fields:
- Industrial and business fields related to telecommunications and Networks.
- Research institutes
- Pursuing Master in the field of communications and networks; nationally and internationally
Program Objectives and Outcomes
After the completion of the Diplomas of IET degree, our graduates will be able to:
- Deepen the fundamental scientific and engineering principles in the field of mobile communications and networks engineering
- Deepen the scientific research capabilities by analyzing and solving problems, and conducting research work
- Build and refine personal skills in critical thinking, problem analysis and problem solving
- Work in teams and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a multi-cultural environment to achieve objectives
- Pursue further studies- Master- nationally and internationally
The IET graduate will gain specific knowledge and skills in widely varied areas, our graduates will be able to:
- Propose methodologies of solving engineering problems and data collection, as well as recognize current engineering technologies as related to electrical engineering.
- Communicate the research task both in an oral presentation and in written thesis.
- Define a scientific question and be involved in research activities.
- Complete a specified research task, analyze achieved results, discuss and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrate that they can edit a scientific task independently using scientific methods.
- Function on teams for integrating contributions from different disciplines of engineering towards the solution of multi-disciplinary projects
Aim: The aim of this diploma is to build an understanding of advanced Mobile communications. Within that scope, the diploma spans from the topic of mobile communication channel characteristics and modeling to reach the topic of design and planning of advanced wireless telecommunication networks with emphasis on measures of performance and capacity evaluation. The diploma provides an insight on the advanced technologies that will be used in the future mobile networks and the effect of these technologies on performance of the mobile networks.
Duration: One year (two semesters)
|ECTS - CP
|Future Mobile Technologies
|Mobile communication Networks
|ECTS - CP
According to German University in Cairo admission to this program is competitive. The admission criteria are:
- Bachelor degree from a recognized University.
- An acceptable score on the GUC English admission test.
The German University in Cairo admits the diploma’s students two times a year; winter (admission in May– the semester starts in October) and spring semester (admission in November – the semester starts in February) The admission procedures are as follows:
- Applicants complete online application Apply Now !
- Applicants that fulfill the requirements will be invited via e-mail to take the GUC English admission test (GUC graduates are exempted from this test).
- Applicants who are accepted will be invited to attend an orientation session. Applicants not accepted may reapply in future semesters.
The applicant must bring all documents mentioned below:
- Curriculum vitae
- University transcript (with grades of each subject)
- Graduation certificate
- Two passport-sized photos
- Birth certificate
- Military status for male applicants
- Copy (front & back) of the National ID Card/ or passport for non Egyptian students
- Visa and residency documents for non-Egyptians
Tuition & Fees:
- Program application fee of 700 EGP.
- Program Insurance Fees of 2500 EGP “Refundable in case no damages are done or books are lost”.
- Tuition fees are 22,500 EGP per semester, paid in two installments during each semester. Tuition and fees are announced at the beginning of each academic year for the new entrants. However, for those already enrolled, tuition and fees might be increased annually.
- A graduation fee of 300 EGP is to be paid at the end of the program before graduation.
- 10% discount is granted for GUC graduates