The German University in Cairo's Mission is to:
- Achieve excellence in teaching and research.
- Offer non-traditional study programs in science and technology that are built on
modern curricula in collaboration with the German State Universities and other international
- Produce the most comprehensively prepared, multidisciplinary and innovative graduates
being able to interact effectively with the challenges and competitions created
by global economy and being competent to play leading roles in their areas of specializations.
- Attract students of high potentialities.
- Provide the chance for students from neighbouring countries to pursue their studies
and obtain their academic degrees at international standards.
- Award annual scholarships for distinguished students, thus promoting talent and
excellence among students.
- Create an excellent and self-contained intellectual atmosphere of work and study
for both staff and students.
- Develop scientific, cultural and business links with the national and international
institutions in Egypt, Germany and other countries.
- Apply state-of-the-art information technology in teaching and research.
- Open new channels for Egyptian-German cooperation in higher education and in basic
and industrial research.
- Provide continuous training and professional services to the public, thus helping
individuals to acquire up-to-date knowledge and experience.
- Commit itself to the training and development of academic and non-academic staff
as key resources to the success of GUC.