Lecturer/Instructor – Graphic Design – System Design/Branding
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.3.3
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective September 2023 or February 2024.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
The position will focus on developing and teaching visual skills of developing systems communication to be applied in corporate and branding projects, regional and international applications. The applicant should have a previous professional and teaching experience in planning, designing, prototyping and presenting concepts for print, digital and space related applications with an emphasis on high quality design skills and conceptual thinking. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The candidate should be interested in design research and should be eager to develop a research cluster as well as to supervise master theses.
• Knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design education, excellence in research, scholarship, design or creative practice.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles with respect to self organized and responsible design study.
• Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences, and develop and nurture students’ design abilities
• Interest and competence in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Understanding of the implications of design practice in relationship to broader social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Good organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects and initiatives.
Academic Title will be assigned to successful applicants based on the highest degree achieved, industrial experience, teaching and research experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of your work.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 15th of May 2023.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2023