Professor/Lecturer – Media Design – Sound/Sound for Visuals
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.2.3
The German University in Cairo invites applications for vacancies to be filled effective September 2023 or February 2024.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Media Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
The position will focus on teaching and training basic principles of sound, music production and audio-visual interaction (sound design, film music, foley art). The applicant should have teaching experience as well as professional practical knowledge in the field of media design/audio production. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The candidate will actively promote graduate and undergraduate research, and attract third-party funded projects in any chosen areas of interest in Design.
• Applicants should be cross-media designers with expertise in the current state of interaction design with a strong background in augmented, mixed or virtual reality (AR, MR and VR) technologies.
• Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of human information processing, and addressing the phenomena, problems, and solutions that must be considered in AR and VR applications.
• Experienced in addressing different output forms, tracking methods, and interaction possibilities.
• Practical background in connected user experiences and user engagement strategies.
• Knowledgeable about current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Ability to work well with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional experience and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Academic Title will be assigned to successful applicants based on the highest degree achieved, industrial experience, teaching and research experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of your work.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications before 15th of May 2023.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post Date: Thursday, March 16, 2023