Teaching Assistant in Physics
Vacancy for: Physics
The German University in Cairo seeks applicants at the rank of Teaching Assistants within the Physics department.
The Teaching Assistant will be teaching Physics Courses to Engineering and Pharmacy students’. The teaching assistants will lead tutorials and practical sessions. Tutorials give the students an opportunity to discuss what they learned in the lecture and to share ideas. The teaching assistant also challenges the students to think about the material in new ways and examples. The teaching assistant of course is responsible for trying to engage all of the students equally. He/ She is expected to join one of the research areas under development in the Department at the GUC (basic or applied, in cooperation with the other Departments). Teaching assistants need to undertake administrative responsibilities within assigned projects, as well as faculty issues.
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, founded in 2003, with a double accreditation degree, Egyptian and German. it is established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
• Hold a B. Sc. in Physics with very good (minimum) results, M. Sc. is an extra asset.
• Experience in teaching Physics courses at university / college level, from 1 to 3 years.
• Very good English and communication skills (both in scientific and social terms
• Good organizational, time management, communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately, under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
• Cultural Competence in dealing with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae by applying through the below link.
• Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by 30th of April 2019
Post Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2019