The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
“A healthy mind can be found in a healthy body”, a conventional saying. It is by far a truth that can not be denied. As we strongly believe in the importance of sports for the well-being of the human body, we urge our students to involve a sport activity in their everyday life. The benefits of sports are countless starting from staying fit till positively influencing your everyday production and lifting your spirit and enthusiasm.
The GUC teams up the interested students to train together under the name of the GUC. The GUC then organizes competitions with other universities teams and invites all students and staff to attend to encourage their team.
Such events raise the sense of competition in our students where they accept both winning and losing. They also learn to play the roles of both a team player and a team leader. This teaches them to prepare and train well and not to underestimate any opponent they are to face. Moreover, playing under the name of the GUC strengthens the relationship and loyalty between the students and the GUC since they long to win to have the GUC’s name on the top.
The GUC also coordinates sport competitions between the students and the professors. This reinforces the relationship between the students and their professors as well as diversifies this relationship to avoid having only educational interaction between them.
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced performer, or whether you are interested in health and fitness, recreation or competition, there are many opportunities for participation within our areas of indoor and outdoor sports’ facilities that include:
- 3 Tennis Courts (1 Hard and 2 Red Clay)
- 2 Handball Courts
- 2 Basketball Courts
- 2 Football Courts (1 International Stadium-size and one 5-Players Grass-court)
- GYM (offering a variety of work-out and weight-lifting stations, next to latest
state-of-the-art fitness equipment such as Weight machines, free weights and aerobic
- Outdoor Track & Field
- Aerobics, Fitness Classes & Yoga
- Table tennis
All Sport facilities include
- Dressing, Fitting Rooms and Showers
- Individual Lockers
- Team and Player seating areas
Take a look at the accomplishments of our students and teams. We are proud to have them as our sport distinctive figures.
- Annual Universities’ Tournament conducted between universities throughout Egypt over the past 3 years (covering: Basketball, Volleyball, Handball, Hockey, Water Polo, Discus, Swimming, Diving, Tennis, Karate, Tycondo) – out of which the GUC Team managed to obtain the 6th Place out of 22 participating universities in Egypt (and the 1st Place among Private Universities)