Architectural Design and Building Construction
Vacancy for: Arch.
Ref Code: II6.4
The German University in Cairo (GUC) invites applicants for winter 2019.
We are looking for a personality with a passion for teaching and research in the field of architecture and building construction with a strong focus on sustainability. The Architecture and Building Technology Department at the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program is defined by an integrated approach where building construction is considered an essential part of any design. The candidate should have relevant experience in the design and construction of architectural projects in a responsible position outside of a university and be ardent about sharing this advanced knowledge in different educational formats at both undergraduate and graduate levels. She/he shows a holistic and interdisciplinary approach to architectural design in line with current developments in building construction. In addition to the professional work executed, candidates must possess a record of accomplishments demonstrating outstanding scholarly and educational activities.
The successful candidate will
• teach foundation courses, design studios and seminars with a focus on construction at all levels
• supervise bachelor, master and PhD theses
• teach with a focus on innovative climate-adaptive building concepts
• actively participate in the further development of the curriculum and the internationalization of the program
• contribute to applied research and technology and knowledge-transfer projects
• university degree in architecture
• at least five years of experience in the development and realization of architectural projects
• pedagogical aptitude and university teaching experience
• ability to do academic research as evidenced by corresponding publications
• ability to lecture and teach in English
• a PhD or PhD-equivalent experience is a prerequisite
What we offer
The German University in Cairo is a private Egyptian university, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. With a wide range of cooperation, specifically with the GUC Campus Berlin, opportunities of international academic exchange are inherent to the philosophy of the university. The GUC offers a competitive salary defined by the qualifications of the candidate.
The GUC Architecture and Urban design Program was founded in 2010 and can now claim to be one of the most attractive architecture programs in Egypt. Situated in Cairo, the dynamic gateway to the Middle East, the GUC Architecture and Urban Design program offers the opportunity to engage in one of most dynamic urbanization corridors globally. The newly established design center presents various possibilities to engage in real client projects. For more information please visit our website http://architecture.guc.edu.eg/
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their project portfolio, curriculum vitae, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, a list of publications and names of three referees.
Submissions will be reviewed starting on 27th of February 2019, but applications are welcome until the position is filled.
Post Date: Sunday, January 27, 2019