- Students who are allowed to travel are clear non-advising.
- No makeup exams are held in Berlin Campus. Students who will travel to Berlin and miss the makeup exam period in Cairo will not be given a compensation make up exam. (No refund of tuition fees will be granted in this case).
Students eligible to apply are:
- Clear from Military Service (as per regulations).
- Clear from any disciplinary action on file or filed complaints or notice of misconduct. GUC reserves the right to cancel the registration of any student based on his/her bad performance whether it was reported or not. Payment does not mean final acceptance of the student’s registration!)
- Clear from any withstanding financial balance
Online Registration Steps
Interested students should apply online through the following link: http://student.guc.edu.eg/Student/Default.htm after reading the announcement and the related regulations carefully and pay an amount of 690 Euro for ONE semester only (500 Euro program registration insurance and 190 Euro health insurance) or 880 Euro for TWO semesters (500 Euro program registration insurance and 390 Euro health insurance).
Online registration deadline:
- Deadline: 7th of April 2019
- Advising students can register online. The final registration for their semester(s) in Berlin will be finalized ONLY after changing their advising status to regular in the semester they plan to study in Berlin.
- All students in confirmed classes will receive a “Confirmation Final Acceptance” e-mail to submit their visa documents and pay the living expenses fees. The university has the right to disregard any application for any student based on previous history of disciplinary actions upon which a full refund of all payments made is granted.
Students who will register in classes that will not be offered / or advising students will receive a cancellation email to withdraw their money.
Program Registration insurance fees of 500 Euro are non-refundable.
- If you wish to cancel your registration/ payment, please head to Ms. Mariam Talaat (C building 2nd floor) before the deadline for full refund.
- Refund policy of the company MAWISTA will apply, in case of refund of the health insurance fees based on the date of refund request.
- Accommodation security deposit is non-refundable.
In case the semester offering is cancelled through GUC – all travel related expenses will be refunded.
Rules and Regulations:
- All existing GUC Rules and Regulations will apply for students participating in the “GUC Berlin Semester Abroad” program.
- The same semester withdrawal policies and deadlines will apply.
- Students taking full course load of a semester in Germany will be included in the normal GUC semester ranking (according to GUC regulations).
- Students studying a semester in Germany will be eligible for make-ups according to the normal GUC make-up exam regulations. Make ups will be conducted at GUC campus in Egypt based on availability.
- Attendance policy will be applied for all teaching and learning activities, including lectures and tutorials.
- Any violation of the rules and regulations, misbehavior or misconduct will result in disciplinary action.
- Students will have two days off per week: Sunday and any other day of the week as per the schedule.
- A special Academic Calendar for students studying in Berlin will be announced. Official holidays of Germany will apply.
- German Language courses may be taught in Berlin based on the level of registered students and upon availability.
- English and Scientific Language courses might be offered based on the number of students in each course and upon availability.