Lecturer/instructor – System design/ corporate design and branding
Vacancy for: Faculty of applied sciences and arts
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo - Campus)
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts invites highly able and motivated applicants in the graphic design department, vacancies to be filled by Winter semester (September 2019) or Spring Semester (February 2020).
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolls 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design.
The position will focus on developing and training visual skills of developing systems communication to be applied in corporate and branding projects, regional and international applications. The applicant should have a previous professional and teaching experience in planning, designing, prototyping and presenting concepts for print, digital and space related applications with an emphasis on high quality design skills and conceptual thinking. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Requirement, experience and skills:
• Academic title will be assigned to successful applicants based on the highest degree achieved, industrial experience, teaching and research experience.
• Candidates applying for lecturer position should have a minimum 5 years of practical experience and 3 years of teaching experience.
• Knowledge of current and future issues within the field of design education, excellence in research, scholarship, design or creative practice.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles with respect to self organized and responsible design study.
• Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences, and develop and nurture students’ design abilities
• Interest and competence in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Understanding of the implications of design practice in relationship to broader social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological forces.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Good organizational and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects and initiatives.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by latest 28th of July 2019.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Post Date: Thursday, July 4, 2019