Professorship / Associate Professorship/ Lecturer in Physics
Vacancy for: Physics
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus)
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancy to be filled during the academic year 2019/2020.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join the Physics Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The recommended applicant is expected to strengthen the department in teaching, research, and practical education as well as to contribute in the further development of the department. Favorably, he/she should work on strengthen the scientific activity in one of the existing research fields related to applied, experimental, or technical physics or renewable energy. We strive to extend the research activity in these fields, which are foreseen to become specializations in the master program.
The Physics Department offers introductory and advanced physics-related courses for all students of engineering and pharmacy faculties. Currently the Physics Department is in cooperation with another University to develop a physics program, which is directed towards Engineering Physics or Technical Physics, so practical, excellent didactic and knowledgeable abilities are required.
• PhD in Physics or related fields (preferably in experimental or technical physics or renewable energy)
• For the full professor level a habilitation or equivalent qualification
• Strong teaching interest and experience, preferably with engineering / science students (Physics as foundation subject) with strong student’s orientation
• Openness for interdisciplinary collaboration
• Readiness to contribute in the development of research programs
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the city of New Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research.
• Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae by applying through the below link.
• Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. For best consideration, submit applications by 30th of April 2019
Post Date: Wednesday, April 10, 2019