Professor, Associate Prof., Lecturer in Contract Law, Private International Law and Comparative Law
Vacancy for: Faculty of Law and Legal Studies
Ref Code: II10.7
The Program of Law and Legal Studies is seeking highly qualified academic staff to teach introductory and advances courses within the Program of Law and Legal Studies,
The program is designed for students interested in developing a strong and important understanding of law and relations of governance.
Vacancies to be filled at the beginning of winter semester 2019/2020 (September 2019)
Successful candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate level courses in the fields of Private Law such as:
• Contract Law (UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, Principles in Civil and Common Law)
• Legal Methodology (interpretation, judge-made law)
• Legal History (Principles of Roman Law)
• Introduction to Private International Law (International Law of Contract, International Law of Property)
• Legal Research and Drafting of Contracts
• International Business Transactions
• International Commercial Arbitration
• Moot Court and Arbitration Proceedings
Candidates are expected to develop teaching material, seminars and collaborative work with colleagues of the department.
• Doctorate degree with teaching experience, publications, research and Industry experience in related areas.
• Strong academic interest and teaching experience, with strong student’s orientation.
• Active in the business and legal community (through association memberships, consulting, publications)
The German University in Cairo is an Egyptian Private University, established in cooperation with the German State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Universities of Stuttgart, Ulm, Mannheim, and Tübingen. Situated at the ancient city of Cairo, the GUC’s mission is to achieve excellence in teaching and research
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, and names of at least three referees.
Submissions will be reviewed starting on 31st of January, but applications are welcome until the position is filled
Post Date: Thursday, December 20, 2018