Lecturer/Instructor - Photography
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Sciences and Arts
Ref Code: II8.2.3
The German University in Cairo – GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts invites highly able and motivated applicants in the media design department, vacancies to be filled by Spring semester (February 2019) or Winter Semester (September 2019).
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolls 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design
The position will focus on contemporary knowledge of digital photography, which includes the post-production processes related to digital print. The applicant puts an emphasis on creative approaches and professional practices of photography alongside with high level technical skills. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Requirements, experience and skills:
• Academic Title will be assigned to successful applicants based on the highest degree achieved, industrial experience, teaching and research experience.
• Knowledgeable of current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self-organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of their work.
Submissions will be reviewed starting on 21st of December 2018, but applications are welcome until the position is filled
Post Date: Thursday, November 29, 2018