Lecturer/Instructor – Product Design — CAD Specialist
Vacancy for: FASA
Ref Code: II8.1. 2
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus)
Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled at the start of the academic year 2018/2019.
The Faculty of Applied Science and Arts enrolling 1,250 students across three design majors: Graphic, Product and Media Design. The GUC (Cairo Campus) invites highly able and motivated applicants for the following vacancy in the Product Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching.
The position will focus on teaching and experimental research in the field of 3D CAD, Surface Modeling and Visualization for the basic and main product design course program. The applicant should have a teaching and research experience in the area of CAD/Product Design, to be settled at the immediate interface to 3D Rendering, 3D Printing and other prototyping workshops. The learning objective of the students is the self-reliant ability to produce sound data from complex designs that are part of the multidisciplinary practice at the department in order to realize design projects as well as collaborations with other disciplines.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer/Instructor should hold a master degree or German diploma.
• Applicants for the position of a Lecturer/Instructor should have at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
Experience / Skills:
• Design and technical expertise in working with 3D CAD and Rendering Software.
• Good expertise with Rhinoceros (Surface Modeling) and Solidworks (Solid Modeling), the know-how of parametric Modeling is beneficial.
• Experience with AM and CAM.
• Knowledgeable of current and future approaches within the field of design.
• Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
• Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self organized and responsible design study.
• Understanding of the implications of Design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
• Competence of working well with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional training and aesthetic sensibilities.
• Strong competences to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing in English, which is the teaching language.
• Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
• An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of their work. Applications to be submitted using the below link by referencing posting: #ref II8.1. 2.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Create an Account and Apply.
Post Date: Monday, June 4, 2018